Monday, February 7, 2011

My First Day

This place is scary and wonderful all at once. I did not sleep last night. I was supposed to stay in my bed in a place mom calls the office, but it was lonely, so I howled and mom came and got me. She said I have to stay in my crate, but I can be in her room at night. I felt a little better, but I still cried a lot. Mom says it is OK to cry if you're scared, which is good because I was plenty scared!

I took little naps and cried a lot during the night last night. Mom took me out to go potty, but would not play with me which I thought was very mean. She says it's "good for me". She says that a lot. Dad very quietly called me a bad name, but he didn't yell at me. I like him more and more.

This morning at a time called "time to get up!" I came out of my crate and, after potty, I got to have breakfast with that buffalo they say is my brother. We have two bowls, one for him and one for me. I want to know what he has in his bowl, but he has made it clear he does not want to share. So he is a selfish buffalo, too.

I tried to spend more time with Mel, but he still makes that strange sound if I pounce him. Maybe another day.

We went for a walk and I discovered new things. There is a LOT of snow here and I love it! There is something in a big building here that they call the barn, and it makes the most wonderful racket! I hear crows and cackles and clucks. I want to meet what is in the barn, but mom says maybe not right now.

The uphill neighbors drive a big white SUV and I do not like it. It startled me. Mom says that it's just a car, but I think it wanted to eat me.

I got to nap in my crate. I was much quieter than last night. Mom looks funny around her eyes.

Dad came home and asked me if I was going to be good tonight. I am going to try really hard!

1 comment:

  1. My Dear Yoshi,

    The first night is the hardest, I promise. So many new things to encounter and investigate. It may seem a little overwhelming now, but will all come together in the long run. Your Mom & Dad are laying the ground work for you to be a happy well adjusted companion and member of their family. I promise that you will enjoy being the center of their attention more than having to share me with all of your extended family.
    I am so proud of you Yoshi!

    ReplyDelete